1.24.2010

Miss Ohio's journey begins..

I suppose it begins with a song.

Sitting at 1720 Fernwood, Katherine and I were saying goodbye. She was just about to return home for the holidays and I was leaving in a few days for my exchange semester in Singapore. Katherine sang Miss Ohio for me. 

"Oh me oh my oh, look at Miss Ohio
She’s a-running around with her rag-top down
She says I wanna do right but not right now"

I was tremendously sad to be leaving my friends in Victoria. 

I knew my exchange would be an amazing experience filled with personal growth, still it felt odd to be throwing a wrench in my already happy life. Sort of like fixing something that wasn't broken.

In times like this I like to fall back on sayings that I hold close to give me wisdom. 

That night Katherine gave me a new saying. She said, "When you come from a strong place you can do anything." 


No comments: